Improving people’s lives with our health care products
Our mission is supported by principles that are foundational to our success and future growth. They provide overall direction for the company and the tools necessary to rise to any challenge.
- Quality Health Care Outcomes: We are dedicated to delivering high-value, meaningful products and services. Bringing value to our stakeholders while delivering safe and effective products is at the heart of everything we do.
- Customer Focused: We measure ourselves and our actions through the lens of our customers. We build strong relationships with customers and deliver on quality products and service.
- Efficiency: Focus and execution enables us to drive productivity, leaving no stone unturned in identifying where we can make improvements and deliver value. We address the challenges of a changing market quickly and never compromise on quality.
- People: Our employees come to work each day focused on improving people’s lives. They are essential to the success of the organization. We strive to build and retain a strong team by recognizing and rewarding excellence, and by creating development opportunities.
Our core values define what we stand for, how we conduct ourselves and how we interact with colleagues, customers, vendors, shareholders and others. Our core values are:
- Accountability: Accepting personal responsibility for our actions and focusing on finding solutions and delivering results. We keep our promises and commitments.
- Agility: Responding to changes in the internal and external environment without losing momentum or vision.
- Courage: Acting decisively and leading boldly, imagining and pursuing new possibilities for our future. We stand up for what is right and support others who do so.
- Integrity: Conducting business with the highest standards of professional behavior and ethics. We are transparent, honest, ethical and fair in all of our interactions; people trust us to adhere to our word.
- Teamwork: Achieving common goals through open and honest communication. We show concern for one another and are supportive of each other’s efforts.
- Results Orientation: Consistently delivering required business results, meeting deadlines and complying with quality, productivity and performance standards.
History - Timeline of Boston ® Materials
1983: Boston™ II silicone acrylate material
1983: Boston™ solutions introduced in the United States.
1984: Boston™ IV silicone acrylate material
1986: Polymer Technology Corporation introduces first fluoro silicone acrylate material, Boston™ Equalens™.
1991: Boston™ Equalens™ II fluoro silicone acrylate lens material
1994: Boston 7™ AERCOR™ architecture low silicon/high stability fluoro silicone acrylate lens material
1995: Boston ES™ with AERCOR™ architecture
1997: Boston XO™ with high Dk/high stability
1998: Boston EO™ with AERCOR™
2005: Bausch & Lomb Vision Shaping Treatment VST™ is introduced for overnight orthokeratology (U.S. market only).
2006: Plasma treatment is FDA approved for all Boston materials.
2007: Boston XO2 ™, a hyper-Dk material
2017: Boston XO and XO2™ US indication for Ocular Surface Disease+dry eye
2018: HydraPeg surface coating (hydrophilic shell) available on Boston XO®, Boston XO2®, Boston EO®, and Boston ES®